FibrePeople is recruiting a Telecoms Health & Safety professional to join our client's management team based in London.
Were keen to speak to confident, diligent and tenacious Health & Safety advisors who can play a leading role in the promotion and development of a positive project HSQE culture and ensure that, best practice is always identified and promoted.
The successful candidate will have strong safety, quality, and environmental knowledge as well as knowledge on various standards, procedures and legislation in order to support the delivery team effectively.
A real opportunity for the right individual to join a collaborative and ambitious organisation. Our supportive and encouraging client is offering a flexible and developing opportunity. Key Responsibilities:
· Provide first-hand information regarding the HSQE performance of project teams and subcontractors and take decisive action in conjunction with project site management in the event of any unsafe actions or conditions
· Review, revise and update existing safety, quality and environmental management systems
· It is essential you can maintain ISO 9001,14001 and 45001 along with other scheme specific accreditations
· Monitor and update as required Legal Registers for the UK and Ireland to ensure on-going compliance
· Maintain own awareness and proficiencies to the highest, and most current standards
· Assist as necessary on all PQQ and tender submissions
· Gather accurate HSQE performance data from project staff and subcontractors and produce monthly (including and assessment against KPI) reports
· Provide first line support in the investigation of safety – environmental accidents /incidents and any utility strikes.
· Undertake HSQE site inspections and audits in accordance with project audit plans
· Liaise regularly with subcontractor HSQE personnel
· Be the focal point for safety training and conduct any site safety briefings as required and promote the development of a positive HSQE culture
· Be the emergency contact and co-ordinator for deployment of Emergency Preparedness Plans Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to all levels
- Negotiating skills to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation
- Patience and diplomacy because the profession requires a collaborative approach
- The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
- Attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work
- It's essential you have Industry experience
- Physical fitness, if your work will involve time on large-scale plants or on outdoor sites
- A full UK driving licence