We're looking for experienced Fibre Engineers/Cabling Surveyors/Field Engineers who have the right skills, drive and attitude to perform survey work to the very highest standards. Our client is an agile, fast-growing team with an inclusive and solutions-driven culture. You'll benefit from extensive training at their Fibre Academy, and have structured career development opportunities within their growing organisation. As a Fibre Surveyor/Field Engineer, you will help build the dream of superfast reliable broadband - from the newly laid network infrastructure in the streets through to the router in the customer premises. What you'll do
- Document several sites in a day.
- Draw up detailed plans, for use as legal documentation to be shared with landlords
- Ensure routes are compliant with health and safety laws
- Advise on risk assessments and method Statements
- Carry out surveys for minor civils works
- Assess permit needs for street works
- Meet with clients or representatives, resolve questions about the installation process.
- Work with other areas of Field Engineering to achieve the desired result
- Decide the correct equipment required for the installation process.
Skills, experience, and qualifications (essential) Proven experience:
- Working on FTTP projects, understanding of FTTP build activities
- Detailing cable routes
- Installing telecoms (copper, fibre, mobile)
- Splicing fibre cable
- Multi-tasking, problem-solving, planning, organising and prioritising
- Producing clear written formal documentation
- PON and active ethernet technologies
- Fibre types and Experience
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Able to read SLD Telecom construction blueprints.
- Understands routing of fibre mapping from a PON and a point to point network
- Lone worker experience
- Flat roof skilled
- NRSWA Unit 2 or greater
- Telecoms civils work
We look forward to receiving your CV's and a member of the team will be in touch!