Our client's ambition is to improve lifestyles and enhance communities by instantly connecting people and businesses beyond today's broadband. We're recruiting a Network Operations Engineer to support the next stage of revenue growth from the network.
As a Network Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring, diagnosing, and managing network faults to ensure high availability. In addition, you will be supporting customer care teams and field installation resources. What you'll be doing:
What you'll need to have:
- Monitoring of various customer networks across different technologies
- Carrying out diagnosis on faults raised and escalating issues into network engineering or vendors/suppliers as required
- Support customer care and NOC team with diagnosis of customer reported faults
- Prioritising faults to meet SLAs
- Providing regular updates to customer care teams on the progress of fault resolution
- Provisioning of new services, supporting field installation teams
- Provide network monitoring support to enable pro-active management of incidents which may impact customer service or network performance
- Previous experience of working in a Network Operations role in a Service Provider environment
- Understanding of multiple network technologies (e.g., Ethernet/IP, MPLS). DWDM/GPON/XGS-PON and IPv6 (desirable).
- Experience of Juniper networking equipment
- CCNA or JNCIA certification
- Understanding of Network Management Systems and functions
- Experienced in fault ticketing systems
- Be Proactive, with excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritise faults and workload
- The ability to adapt to a fast paced and sometimes unstructured environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of Linux (desirable)
- Experience of coding / scripting / API (desirable)
As always, our client promotes an inclusive high-performance culture where teams and individuals feel empowered. Everyone, from all backgrounds, is given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
To find out more send over your CV and a member of the team will be in touch.