As our customer-centric client embarks on deploying their full-fibre network, they are looking to recruit a Permit Coordinator in Buckinghamshire, to join their growing team.
As a growing company, it's essential you're agile and resilient. It's a team effort, and every member's input is valued. Ideally you will have experience in Telecoms or Utilities. The role is hybrid working with three days in the office-High Wycombe.
What you'll be doing:
· Notice and permit all cabling, civil excavation and reinstatement work carried out on the public highway, and to be able to generate quarterly or monthly reports.
· Submit accurate permits using illustrations, maps with permit conditions attached using the job information, position and dimensions of all work activities on the public highway including materials with the primary objective of efficient working and minimising disruption to the public
· Submit the correct start and end notifications through the Street manager system to the Local Authorities. Submit the correct dimensions where the highway has been excavated, minimising FPN costs to the company
· Minimise overrun charges by interrogating the EToN database, extracting information regarding incomplete works. And contacting engineers to avoid costs due for unreasonable occupation of the highway
· Work collaboratively with contractors and notifying of potential defects and FPNs to reduce exposure of penalties from the Highway Authority
· Investigate, collate and act upon any offences committed in contravention of NRSWA, The Highways Act and associate legislation
What you'll need to have:
· A knowledge of The New Road and Streetworks Act 1991, its five Codes of practice, The Traffic Management Act, The Highways Act 1980, The Traffic Signs and General Directions regulations and any other relevant legislation or company policy
· Experience of working within a street works office environment
· Experience in the planning of work and keeping control of multiple jobs.
· Demonstrable use of the Microsoft Office products and ability to interrogate Googles Maps
· Excellent written and verbal skills are required to communicate with people at all levels, dealing with disputes and difficult situations in a calm and tactful manner
· Ability to undertake NRSWA financial duties (i.e., gathering supporting document for Fixed Penalty Notices, Permit fees, Overrun charges and inspection charges
As always, our client promotes an inclusive high-performance culture where teams and individuals feel empowered. Everyone is given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
To find out more send over your CV and a member of the team will be in touch.