We're looking for a Field Engineer Team Leader to join our client who has exciting plans for their fibre roll-out in the East of England. This is a great opportunity to be part of an organisation that thrives on delivering world-class service to its customers through simple intelligent processes and technologies. Purpose of the job
The objective of the role is to initially perform customer installs and maintain the network infrastructure and then build and manage the Field engineering team.
Key success criteria are to develop safe, efficient and effective methods to installing customers services through Pole and Ducted infrastructure along with delivering an exceptional experience to our customers throughout the entire installation and activation journey. This will be measured from the point of an order being placed and schedule with the customer through to activating the customers broadband services onto our Network. Key Accountability & Responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Develop processes, policies, and standards to enable safe, effective and efficient customer installations and maintenance of Fibre infrastructure.
- In line with Business forecast to be able to recruit and develop a successful installation, break-fix and maintenance engineering function.
- Work closely with the Customer Experience team to understand drivers for installation faults and to help drive continuous improvements.
- Assess installation methods deployed by field staff and establish improvement plans.
- Continually assess and improve SLA's and KPI's driving performance improvements.
Qualifications & Accreditations
- Recruiting and developing Field engineers
- Development of installation standards, specifications and methods supporting Pole and Ducted infrastructure.
- Ability to create customer-centric installation and repair processes to maximise customer experience.
- Ability to develop Health and Safety procedures, risk assessments and method statements to manage a safe operation.
- Ability to perform site surveys and establish appropriate installation routes and methods.
- Experienced with field-based fault finding and repair techniques including remote diagnostics.
- Good working knowledge of customer CPE including interface elements such routers and optical interfaces.
- Ability to perform manual labour in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of hand tools and equipment used in telecoms installations and construction.
- Good knowledge of fibre optic termination, installation and testing equipment.
- Excellent knowledge in excavation and reinstatement methods and materials used.
- Excellent knowledge of air blown fibre networks.
- Health and Safety
- Previous management experience of field-based installation and repair engineers.
- NRSWA certification
- Previous experience in fibre optic installations and repair
We look forward to receiving your CV and a member of the team will be in touch.