IT'S TIME TO POWER UP BRITAIN
Now, more than ever, the UK needs full fibre networks to power up businesses and restart our economy. That's why, even though the world has slowed down, our client has been working faster than ever to build Gigabit Cities and deliver the digital infrastructure Britain needs to bounce back. What will you be doing?
Our clients' full fibre infrastructure is transforming cities, powering innovation and speeding up Britain. We're looking for a creative, agile and resourceful Build Assurance Engineer to help them fulfil their ambition of delivering Fibre To The Home to 8 million premises. Reporting to the Build Manager, you'll be responsible for monitoring a Full Fibre Network deployment project within Bath. You'll use your expertise to oversee both the civil and fibre construction activities, ensuring that their supply partner is carrying out site operations on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines. You will also;
- Coach and support the build partner, ensuring any 'blockers' to the plan are highlighted and escalated
- Conduct site audits using iAuditor across a minimum of 50% of deployed gangs
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks to the Build Manager
- Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project and client requirements
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalf of our client
- Ensure principal contractors have site-specific method statements and risk assessments in place
- Liaise with the public, dealing with any issues that the network construction activities may have caused
- Deputise for the Build Manager at Local Authority Highways/Roads and Contractor meetings.
What will you bring?
You'll have a track record of supervising Utilities and should be NRSWA qualified with Highways experience. You'll also need to be highly self-motivated with the passion and drive to succeed, as well as an excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate outcomes that mitigate project risks. You'll also need;
- OSP Telecoms Network Build experience
- Experience of managing contracted engineering works
- Fibre Optics Splicing & OTDR / ILM testing experience
- Knowledge of Blown and Traditional Cable installation techniques
- An understanding of method statements and risk assessments
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- An understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991 (NRSWA)
- A full driving licence plus IOSH managing safety or SMSTS
We look forward to receiving your CV and a member of the team will be in touch.