This is an opportunity to join the most exciting full fibre alt-net, one that's disrupting Britain's outdated telecoms industry and fundamentally thinks differently, as Senior Network Provisioning Manager. They're shaking up the industry with a fresh & disruptive approach to customer relationships, transparent pricing and truly impactful connectivity.
As Senior Network Provisioning Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the design, plan and technical implementation of services on their network. You will provide technical and operational leadership for the growing Network Provisioning team, responsible for implementing layer 2 and layer 3 WAN, enterprise LAN/WiFi and Voice services for business customers ranging from SME to global enterprise.
The customer is the heart of everything they do so alongside your technical experience, it's important you hold the ability to take ownership of queries and projects, managing through to completion. You'll have the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues, ensuring best practice, and continual improvement in standards, process and delivery are developed and adhered to. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career into Leadership.
Remote working is available and fully supported with up to 2-3 days per week in Manchester HQ.
Some of what you'll be doing:
● Recruit, coach and lead a team of Senior Network Engineers and Network Engineers in the provision of all new services on the network
● Own, design and deploy scalable service provider infrastructure across access, aggregation, and core
● Understand their network and infrastructure as well as the customer's, making recommendations on diversity, redundancy and scalability
● Be the technical lead on major projects, attend technical customer meetings and give presentations
● Work with project managers, service delivery and 3rd party vendors to provide technical authority and direction in the implementation of new deployments, POPs and customers projects
● Produce and update documentation on WAN and customer networks including device configurations, schematics and peer review process
● Provide 3rd line escalation and troubleshooting with engineers handling active incidents
● Be part of an on-call rota providing out of hours network support
What you'll need to have:
● Experience leading technical teams for a service provider, operator or network integrator
● Knowledge and demonstrable experience in supporting carrier/enterprise grade network infrastructure such as Juniper, Nokia, Cisco, Fortinet, Ruckus, VyOS/Vyatta
● In-depth understanding and extensive experience of networking and routing protocols (TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN)
● Strong technical understanding of access technologies (dark fibre, optical, Ethernet, FTTx, xDSL, 4G/5G)
● Exceptional problem-solving skills - if you don't already know the answer, you know how to find and communicate a solution
● Passionate, dedicated and ready to go above and beyond to deliver outstanding customer service
As always, our client promotes an inclusive high-performance culture where teams and individuals feel empowered. Everyone is given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
To find out more send over your CV and a member of the team will be in touch.