Our client's ambition is to improve lifestyles and enhance communities by instantly connecting people and businesses beyond today's broadband. We're recruiting a Fibre Splicer to support the next stage of revenue growth from the network.
As a Fibre Splicer, you will perform your duties on existing and new build networks. This will include internal and external works. You will carry out their duties in line with engineering specifications as defined by the Project Manager. Some of what you'll be doing:
What you'll need to have:
- Install, terminate and test fibre optic cable from 2f customer drops to 36f/72f & 144f
- Advanced Fibre optic testing – OTDR/IOLM.
- Installation of closures, splitters, ASN's, USN's, ODF's and cabinets.
- Execution and Maintenance/fault finding on existing fibre optic infrastructure.
- The usage of plant, materials, care of tools and equipment in a way to minimize unnecessary waste and damage.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions. Report back to Project Manager any compliance issues.
- Understand the Safety & Environmental Policies ensure all activities carried out complies with the risk assessment and method statements.
- Always ensure adherence to safe working practices.
- OTDR Experience – EXFO IOLM or similar.
- 2 years working experience with Fibre optics products
- Read and understand Visio straight line diagrams
- Understand written work instructions on MS word
- Ability to use computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Visio and to learn new computer skills where required.
As always, our client promotes an inclusive high-performance culture where teams and individuals feel empowered. Everyone, from all backgrounds, is given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
To find out more send over your CV and a member of the team will be in touch.